It’s of the utmost importance to create high quality listings to attract the attention of buyers. JamesEdition has implemented a system to measure listing quality; listing scores, therefore, are based on the internal JamesEdition scoring model. Scores range from 0 to 100. Any score above 40 is considered an adequate listing. A listing with a score below 20 is automatically refused. Depending upon your asking price, you can consider your listing good if it falls within the 50-70 range. Very few listings achieve a score of 80.
When determining the score, we take into consideration buyers’ past behaviors on JamesEdition; so, there is a natural correlation between your listing score and lead generation potential. Improving your listing score will increase your chances of getting a lead which will result in a sale.
A listing’s score affects where your listing will appear in search results. The first six positions are fixed and reserved for paying customers only, followed by the top organic search results which are based upon listing score.
You can improve your listings’ scores by adding videos, more and better quality photos, and filling in important listing parameters. Below, you will find a detailed explanation of how to increase your listings’ score.
You can find the metric in your Business Account under the section Listings.
Note! Please bear in mind that, at the moment, scores are available only for real estate listings.
How can I increase a listing’s score?
When you consistently improve the listing, the score will gradually grow. In order to increase the scores of your listings you can:
- Add a detailed description to the listing. An optimal description is more than 2K symbols. Buyers can use the amenities and features filters (sea view, pool, fireplace, etc.) to limit search results. We strongly recommend including any specific amenities and features in your feed or listing description.
- When you create your listing, it’s very important to fill in all of the information requested. The more fields you complete, the higher the listing score. If you need help with creating your listings, please refer to this article.
- Input either the exact address or the geographical coordinates of your listing. If you add these details, the listing will be displayed in its precise location on the map and have a distinct identity. If no specific address is included with your listing, your property will simply appear at the city closest to it on the map, along with other listings without a defined address within the same general area. So, it is beneficial to include an address or geographical coordinates to distinguish your listing and show its exact location on the map.
- Make sure you add high definition photos to your listing, as photos significantly affect the score. You should include more than 10 high quality pictures to increase the score. If the first photo in your listing is of exceptional quality, your score will be much higher than if the first is of inferior quality. If one of your photos is a great deal better than the others, put it first. Cover photo dimensions should not be less than 1024X641 pixels (size - 299KB).
- Also, it is beneficial to add YouTube or Vimeo videos and a Virtual tour (using Matterport) to your listings. If you want to add a virtual tour to your listings please refer to this article.
Please note that a listing score also is affected by the asking price. Not to worry, however, because buyers with similar budgets will filter for price; your competition consequently will be real estate in the same price range. If you cannot request a higher price, there are other things you can do to influence your listing score. Using the tools that we provide, you will be able to maximize your listings’ visibility and scores.
That said, we are constantly learning, improving, and adapting our scoring model, so we can't give precise estimates of exactly how much changes that you make will impact your score.